Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Killer Rubies

Killer Rubies Banner Killer Rubies by C. Spencer-Upton Semi-Precious #2 Publication Date: 2015 Genres: Fantasy, Romance, Young Adult Killer Rubies Cover Synopsis: When you escape the grasp of fear, you learn to live the life you were handed; instead of just existing through the days. The helping hand that stayed with me was more than I could have hoped for, more than I dreamed of. He was holding my hand and helping me to ease my nightmares, helping me wake up with a smile on my face just for being me, and never trying to change that. He made me feel like I was standing on a pedestal just for him. And it was because of that, that I was standing at the edge of the beach with my soles wet from the sea, my toes digging into the sand from excitement. I was prepared to not show how scared I felt. I was prepared to make the most of being a mermaid and was prepared to follow Cory’s instructions so that I could swim freely, live freely in my second world and enjoy our secret. Under normal circumstances, I would have followed his advise word for word, I’d learned not to ignore them. But, sometimes a curve ball comes sailing at you and you have no other choice, but to go against an unwritten law, that landed me in a watery Hell. Giving up on everything around you, should have been harder. But if it meant I was safe and my parents were okay, I’d do it. Even if it meant, I had to let go of my helping hand. Add to Goodreads

Also in the Semi-Precious Series...

Emeralds and Pearls Cover
Emeralds and Pearls by C. Spencer-Upton Semi-Precious #1 Publication Date: October 11, 2013 Genres: Fantasy, Romance, Young Adult Buy: Print - Kindle - Print UK - Nook - Kobo - iBooks
Synopsis: I've spent seventeen years being a wallflower. Seventeen years, watching people live their lives, while mine stood still. I was happy for those years, nothing new happened because I never let it, every day was the same and predictable.
When my parents told me we were moving...to another state, I freaked.
I spent the first week, after the move, wishing I could move back. But then something changed, I became a someone, and to begin with I enjoyed it, but I soon learned, some things aren't always as they seem.
I have two lives now. Both of them are testing me, pushing me to my limits.
Add to Goodreads

About C. Spencer-Upton

C. Spencer-Upton
Born and raised in a small mining town in Derbyshire. Caroline (The C in 'C Spencer-Upton') has spent her adult years building a home and a future based on what's in front of her, and for a while, that was all she needed. Family, friends and the dog. In 2012, that all changed. Her new love of reading became a drug. Living in a fantasy became her happy place to escape from reality. Her imagination came to life and ideas that had laid dormant for years, came rushing back to the surface and Emeralds And Pearls was conceived, her debut novel. In October 2013, that new chapter in her life started and Emeralds And Pearls were introduced to the world. Caroline works a normal 8-5 job which has nothing to do with literature. When people discover that she has written a novel, the look of shock on their faces is enough to bring a smug smile to her face, knowing that people underestimate her. Writing is her escape and she loves reading about her fans enjoying something she loves. This is the start of a new story of her own and can't wait for new readers to be a part of it.
IndieSage PR

No comments:

Post a Comment