Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Promo Tour inside for Nicci Carrera

PROMO TOUR FOR NICCI CARRERA
LOVE CATERS ALL

by

Nicci Carrera

Official genre of book: contemporary romance



When hard-driving CEO Rick Nordan arrives in Lobster Cove under strict orders from the family doctor to take a break, he discovers the rental house comes with a family attached, including one sexy dynamo of a caterer. She's nothing like his ex-fiancee who wouldn't sign a pre-nup, but maybe that means she's the real deal and not a gold digger.

Maya Cruz wants life for her widowed mother to get easier by renting out her house during the summer. But teaching Mama business means explaining Rick isn't a "guest," he's a "customer." And the first thing Mama does is invite Rick to join their family activities. Having Rick around wouldn't be so bad if Maya didn't find him so attractive. The last time she fell for a vacationing millionaire, she had her heart broken.

She swore off his type, and he's not looking, but this might be a recipe for love.



“Doc made me unplug. Ordered me to read books. Even went so far as to write out a prescription.” Rick reached in his pocket.

She took the paper he’d retrieved and read it. Sure enough, their website and the words, No electronics, read a book were scrawled on an Rx sheet in Doc’s handwriting. She handed back the note. “I’d recognize Doc’s penmanship anywhere.”

“Penmanship!” Rick grinned. “You can see from Doc’s chicken scratch, if I had to rely on the Internet for entertainment I’d be out of luck. It’s old-fashioned bound-paper for me this week.”

“I love books. In our library, you’ll find the classics, westerns, and some spicy romance.” Maya thought she’d just toss the last genre in there to see how he’d react. He grinned. Her stomach fluttered. This man was nothing like the conceited ass she’d dated last summer. Both men might be rich, but they were so different. “History, biography, and a Bible.”

“Will there be a quiz?”

“Only on the romance.” His laugh was so sensuous she could roll in it.

“I really need to dry the floor. I’ll get a rag. Excuse me.”

Mama passed her at the hall closet. “We should invite Mr. Nordan to our party tomorrow.”

Oh no. Rick was going to meet the gorgeous twins before Maya even had a single date with him.



I just finished reading Love Caters All. What a good, fun read! Nicci Carrera creates a fiery romance between a hot-shot Silicon Valley exec and an independent owner of a catering business in small-town Maine. Obviously opposites attract between these two, and the bi-coastal setting and Nicci's humerous dialog gives the story an extra edge. I enjoyed reading about the characters' different lifestyles and how they found love after tackling several twists and turns along the way. I definitely recommend it! By catherine hampel Verified Purchase

I received an ARC of this delightful novella and enjoyed it so much I purchased a copy for my Kindle. : )
Back to Love Caters All, I enjoyed the Cruz family and how they all bounced off of each other. I especially loved the heroine’s food truck and it made me think of the movie Chef which I watched this summer. Maya Cruz is a strong, independent woman who gives up much in her own life to care for her mother and younger sisters after her father’s sudden death. It takes an unlikely hero, in billionaire Rick Nordan, to make her sit up and take notice of her own life. It takes that hero to roll up his sleeves, and allow her to let someone else carry some of the burdens of life. To let love in. These two are truly so well-suited, and yet they have many issues to overcome before they can find their way to real happiness.
The author has an easy style and I found myself immediately drawn in to this story, and I read the novella in one afternoon. Her glimpse into the hero’s corporate life in California brought authenticity to the story and provided a fascinating contrast to the life the heroine encountered back in Maine. By Roben Verified Purchase




THIRD STRIKE'S THE CHARM

by

Nicci Carrera

Official genre of book: contemporary romance



Super student Cara Cruz made it all the way through her prestigious MBA program only to choke on the last final. Ordered by her advisor to take the summer off and clear her head, she’s home in Lobster Cove for some fun before retaking the exam. If she fails a second time, she will lose her dream job offer in Chicago. Meanwhile her best friend happens to be her ex-boyfriend’s mom, which means close contact with the man who broke her heart. Twice. This time she’ll protect her heart no matter the cost.

Ex-major-league baseball pitcher Jason Ward blew his money, his elbow, and his love life. Now at home taking care of his mom and working on a new life plan, he wants Cara back, but he already struck out, didn’t he? Maybe not, and now his mission is to win her back without telling her the truth about why he really came home.

Winning at love will be the only play that counts.



“I found out I couldn’t go back to the majors the day of Maya’s wedding.”

She remembered his anger, the way he stormed off, how hurt she’d been at the time. “Oh no! I’m so sorry.” That news made Maya’s wedding day one of the worst of his life. “I had no idea.”

“I know. That’s why I wanted to tell you. I was in a really bad state of mind that day. I acted like such a jerk.”

Her heart constricted. “The whole kiss thing was an accident, and I made it worse by not sorting it out right away. Now to find out you had that awful news hanging over your head makes me feel even worse.”

He frowned. “I overreacted.”

“Well, it’s understandable now.”

He cleared his throat, meeting her gaze. “Now that we have that cleared up, are you seeing someone?”

Did he want to try again? Her heart gave an inappropriate little bump. Remember your MBA, your new job. And remember how many times Jason disappointed you. “No. I’m not seeing anyone. I need to get my career settled before I think about anything like that.”

He frowned, and then nodded.



Nicci Carrera lives to write contemporary and spicy love stories with sassy heroines and sexy heroes. Nicci believes the perfect man makes lots of bread…the kind you eat hot from the oven with butter. She lives in Silicon Valley with her husband, and yes, he bakes all their bread. When not at her keyboard writing a romance, in the kitchen, or curled up with a book, Nicci enjoys photography and long walks.

Tami 1

1 comment: