Monday, May 9, 2016

Not Afraid to Love You

NOT AFRAID TO LOVE YOU
Ink Series - Spin Off Book 1

by

Jude Ouvrard
Cover Designer: Kari March Designs
Official genre of book: Contemporary Romance/Drama




Lilly McCarthy thought she had found the one, until an unexpected side of Dave left her body bruised and her pride hurt.

Living in fear, she knows she has to do something before the unimaginable happens. A timely phone call provides Lilly a means to escape but is her family prepared to face her nightmares?

While Lilly takes the time to heal and regain control of her life, an unexpected source of support appears in the form of her brother's best friend - and her old crush - Lennox.

Lilly hesitates to take on a new relationship, but Lennox is not giving up. He wants Lilly to find her way and be herself again, the relaxed and easygoing girl she used to be.

Can the love of a good man convince this scared and frightened woman to trust again? Or is it only going to push her away?



Dave booked us a flight for tonight. My clothes and toiletries are packed and ready to go. My suitcase is waiting by the door and so are my heels. This is going to be so much fun. My heart is fluttering just at the thought of seeing them. To please Dave, I decide to wear my red skirt that he loves so much, paired with my black see-through blouse. He’s going to love it.

We’re leaving after dinner, so I best get that done. He’s been working from home today and didn’t really eat much of his lunch so he must be starving.

In the kitchen, while I’m preparing a green garden salad and grilled chicken, Dave shows up and asks for a glass of wine.

“Of course,” I say getting him a glass of his favorite red. Some guys like football or hockey, Dave likes wine. A lot.

“Here, baby.” I hand him his glass and right away, he smells its perfume before taking a sip. While he tastes it, his eyes close and I can see how much he loves it. He always purchases very expensive bottles and drinks them with passion until the last drop. No wine goes to waste in this house—ever.

Setting his glass on the counter, he wraps his arms around me and I like it. I love the feeling of him near me, holding me against him. He always seems to do it in a dominant kind of way.

“Why are you dressed so sexy today, Lilly-Rose?” He pauses, his nose on my neck taking in my perfume—breathing me in. “Are you planning on seeing someone else tonight?”

“Absolutely not, I wanted to please you and be sexy for you. You know me better than that.”

I can’t believe he thinks I’m wearing his favorite clothes for someone else. It doesn’t make sense.

“I’m not sure I do. You’ll have to change before we leave. Nobody else gets to see your curves like I do. You’re mine, Lilly-Rose. I won’t allow anyone else to see what I get to touch when we’re in bed.”

I nod. “Okay, I will. Maybe I should change now,” I say nervously.

He presses against me, letting me feel his erection. My heart’s beating so fast. I don’t know what’s happening. I clearly turn him on but at the same time, he acts as if I’ve done something wrong.

With one quick movement, he turns me around tearing apart my blouse and pulling it away from my body. He holds his hand high above me holding the torn piece of cloth and then lets the blouse fall on the kitchen counter leaving me in my bra and skirt. My legs are shaking and I can’t even tell if I’m breathing or not. I try pulling away but I hit the glass of wine with my elbow and it shatters on the floor. I freeze knowing this situation just got worse.






author pic
"Drama, true love, tattoos...and everything in between!"

Jude Ouvrard is an author who writes from the heart, and reads with passion and devotion. Jude enjoys stories of drama, true love, tattoos, and everything in between. While writing is her therapy, reading is her solace. Life doesn't get better than books and chocolate, and maybe a little bit of shopping.

A romance lover, Jude writes about love, pain, heartbreak and matters that will challenge your heart. A book can tell an unexpected story, no matter which directions it takes. Jude embraces words that have haunted her for years.

Jude is a working mom who dedicates her time to a law firm and writing books. She has an energetic superhero son, and a supportive boyfriend of many years. Her family is her rock; she could not survive without them. Born a country girl, she transformed into a city woman who now lives in Montreal, Canada. Although French is her first language, Jude decided to write in English because she liked the challenge.

Website ✯ Twitter ✯ Goodreads ✯ Amazon ✯ Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment